Photo Diary: A Day at Falkland, Fife


Spent the whole day roaming around Falkland.


Falkland is a village located in Fife, Scotland. The village is situated near to a hill which adds up to the beauty of the place. It's amazing how they're able to preserve all of the old houses and buildings. There are a couple of interesting shops that sells vintage items and some arts and crafts. The coffee shops around the area are also pretty great and just sitting there gives you a complete feel of the old town plus the nature that surrounds it. I felt like I was transported back it time. If you're into historical places, old architectures and have fascination of the past then you'll also fall in love with this village the same way that I did. Upon my research and visiting the shops, I found out that the TV series Outlander was filmed around Falkland.

I'll share below the coffee shops and store that we went into, plus their link so you can have more details if you're planning to visit;
  • Pillars Of Hercules Organic Farm Shop & Cafe - This shop is outside the village, but just a short walk in the woods that leads to the town. It's sunny that morning so we sat outside and had a cuppa. The place is very rustic and have a relaxed atmosphere.
  • Vintage Quine - A vintage inspired shop that sells all sorts of things, from clothing to decorations for your home. My old soul is so happy upon seeing this shop! I got myself a satin polka dots scarf in red and black, and a brooch that says "Jamie's Biggest Fan" though I haven't watched any episode of Outlander, but I do have a person in my life that's named Jamie. Tee-hee! I'll share some pictures that I've taken from the shop below.
  • Falkland Stables Cafe - The cafe have a great garden. We had our lunch in this cafe, toasties and crisps before heading back home. I'll share what the outside of the shop looks like.


Falkland Palace

Vintage Quine (and some pictures inside the shop)

Falkland Stables

You can see more photo diary of the places I've been in (here)




Post a Comment

My Instagram

Designed By OddThemes | Distributed By Blogger Templates