Trying To Stay Afloat


With all these things going on, how can someone stay sane?

We can all agree that what’s happening now is utterly unbelievable. Who would’ve thought that the virus that started in a specific country last December 2019 would go this far, causing immense distress that affects everyone in the world.

Staying at home is a test for our emotional fortitude especially with all the uncertainties on when this will all end. Isolation has the capacity and can trigger mental health issues specifically for almost everyone who lose their job which can be a decreased in financial security, a feeling of loneliness, fear of catching the said virus and worrying for the health of our loved ones, as well as there’s less distractions and overthinking is quite difficult to avoid. As a person who loves to stay indoors and never really worries about enjoying my own company, I wouldn’t lie that it has been a bit difficult for me. Same as everyone else I’m going through a difficulty in job security and the fear of getting stuck in the country where I am now due to flight closures. I’ve had a fair share of sleepless nights and endless rants to people about my stress. Until I finally realized that instead of complaining about uncontrollable things maybe I should do something about me overthinking things and being paralyzed by my thoughts.

First things first, I’ve realized how reading news and scrolling on social media made me more anxious. I’ve put less of my time going through some news website and reading everything. Though it’s important to stay updated on specific rules about the lockdown or quarantine, I only go to the website when I feel like I need to. Facebook as well has been really stressful, with everyone having long posts about government (ehem. Philippines) and endless throwing of blames about what’s going on. I’ve been telling myself as well to focus on what I can control. It’s honestly easier said than done but it’s really important to not worry about things that are out of your hands. It feels more empowering and can make you feel less of a victim from the situation.


Being stuck at home doesn’t mean that you’ll lose your social life as well. With all the technology that we have now it’s pretty easy to reach out to people from afar. I’ve noticed that I become more in touch with my family and friends since the lockdown in UAE has started. I had video calls with my parents and sisters and even played PUBG with my friends and was able to check on other people that I don’t really talk to that often. Remember when we all wish to have the luxury of staying at home and being able to do some personal projects or just binge watch some series or movies, well this is the perfect time to do those and that can help in slipping our worries away. If you end up not having much of a productive day then don’t beat yourself for it as we all are going through something and that’s totally okay. Guess we can use all this time to practice self care and try our best not to go crazy in this whole pandemic thing and maybe we'll all come out of the other side as a better person.







Post a Comment

My Instagram

Designed By OddThemes | Distributed By Blogger Templates