Book Review: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie


First, there were ten - a curious assortment of strangers summoned as weekend guests to a private island off the coast of Devon. 

Their host, an eccentric millionaire unknown to all of them, is nowhere to be found. All that the guests have in common is a wicked past they're unwilling to reveal - and a secret that will seal their fate. For each has been marked for murder. One by one they fall prey. Before the weekend is out, there will be none. And only the dead are above suspicion.

“I don't know. I don't know at all. And that's what's frightening the life out of me. To have no idea....” – Agatha Christie, And Then There Were None


Book Review

It’s was my first time to read a mystery thriller novel and I wasn’t disappointed with how the twist and the story of this book turns out.

Agatha Christie created ten characters that they're the only ones on the island and someone is killing them off one by one in accordance with the Ten Little Indians rhyme. The story is fast paced and I was never able to guess what’s about to happen, which I'm usually very good at. I like how the author doesn't have to write a long novel with a massive back story, the book mystery is very simply put together but clever and hard to decipher. Also, the ending of the book is the perfect and the best way on how to end a mystery. I don’t want to spill any spoilers here so I will just recommend it to everyone.

Rating: 3/5



Post a Comment

My Instagram

Designed By OddThemes | Distributed By Blogger Templates