On Getting My First Tattoo


In this blog post I’ll be sharing my experience when I had my first tattoo.

I finally got a tattoo!
I’ve been wanting to get one since then and I finally had the courage and guts to just go for it.

Important things to remember before getting a tattoo:
  • Pick a design that you surely won’t regret. Remember this is (kind of) permanent
  • Find and choose an artist. Make sure to check their other works and if they can do the design that you want. My artist has been referred to me, and the person who referred her is very satisfied and happy with the outcome.
  • Decide where the tattoo will be placed. As for me, I was a bit cautious and conservative in deciding where I would like it to be, because I want it to be a bit hidden. My main concern is related to my day job and will it affect my job prospects. I had done loads of research and checked a lot of surveys or articles relating to the concern that I have.
  • I also highly recommend reading the do’s and don’ts before your tattoo appointment. This specific article (click here) is what I've followed.

During the appointment:
  • The artist had printed the tattoo that I wanted in different sizes then asked me if I’m sure where I wanted it to be placed. She had informed me that anything in the hands can be very painful and it’ll fade easily but I was keen on getting it on my hands so she informed me early on what to expect and that she’ll have to do it a bit more deeper so that it won’t fade. Also, while the artist is asking you about the size and design, be very keen on details and be straightforward with how exactly you want it to be.
  • The cleanliness of the place matters a lot to me. The shop that I went to has this disposable thing that they put on the chair, cling wrap stuff and change from time to time for different clients. Make sure that the needle that they’ll be using is new. The artist showed me that it’s from a close and sealed packet.
  • As for the pain, I would rate mine 3 over 10. 1 being the lowest is 10 being the highest. The artist made me very comfortable and kept on asking me if I’m okay and if it’s too painful for me.

After you got your tattoo:
  • Follow everything that the tattoo artist has told you. She had told me to get Bepanthen cream and apply it at least twice a day.
  • Remember it’s a wound so make sure to keep it clean to avoid any infection.

Check the instagram of the artist who did my tattoo (@rockill_21). If ever you're in UAE I highly recommend her #WomanSupportingWoman.

I love art and tattoos are an art. I’m one of those people who believe that if you want anything on your skin or body then go for it as long as it makes you happy regardless if other people are not into it. To be honest I'm already looking forward to get inked again.

You might be wondering why I’ve chosen the word “Paradise”. The main reason is that I like the definition and the idea of it; something peaceful, quiet and calm. Also, it’s a Lana Del Rey thing. One of my favorite albums is Born To Die: Paradise Edition. The album depicts what paradise is and what isn’t. Lana herself has the word Paradise tattooed on the side of her hand and it’s mine now too. I get her and it resonates to me.




Post a Comment

My Instagram

Designed By OddThemes | Distributed By Blogger Templates