Life Lately: Vol. 6


Every once in a while I like spilling the tea, so here it is…

Life lately has been like… I actually don’t know… But maybe getting along with unfamiliar things. 
To begin with I’ve just moved to a new place. We all know how moving can be a bit of a tedious task and that’s just one of the reasons wherein I’ve learned that it’s totally fine to accept or even ask for help. To be honest I’m the kind of person who always wants to prove that I can do things on my own. I think it’s because I’m so fixated on the idea that everyone should be independent, and part of it is my pride. It’s kind of cringy for me knowing that I might owe someone as well. Lately, I’ve realized that there’s nothing wrong with getting a helping hand from time to time especially from people that can be trusted and are willing out of generosity. I’m thankful as well knowing that I’ve surrounded myself with such great people. I can say that I’ve been doing a good job of keeping up in communicating with friends and family. I was the worst person in responding to calls and messages back then and pretty much put everything on archives without even reading it. When I’ve come to ask myself the question “What am I doing about the people I love?” Well sparing time for a call and sending random gifs or stickers here and there, isn’t that bad compared to what I was back then. 
Life’s been confusing me as well, things that are going on in the present and the future that it’ll lead me. Whenever I’m being asked what’s my plan 5 years from now and what am I doing for it, I just can’t seem to give an answer. And honestly, there are times that I feel bad about it. I don’t have an issue in creating a short term plan though but when we’re talking about years and years that’s just too overwhelming to think of I guess. My friends and I, ranging early and mid-‘20s, seem to face the same issue. We often have a conversation and asked: “Are we to chill about things that we just let life throw us anywhere?” “Should we always focus on one goal and be so keen on achieving it before we reach a specific age?” My response all the time is just to enjoy the process rather than putting pressure on myself. The process of finding out what I really want, the process of reaching what exactly it is that I want. I may not be like Andrew Neiman (Whiplash 2014) or Nina (Black Swan 2010) who are both an obsessed artist, and that’s totally fine. People who are still trying to figure things out shouldn’t be put in shame. Some friends of mine are feeling pressured as others are getting married and are already having their own kids while some are more concern about their career. I rather not compare where my life is right now to others. I guess everyone has their own timing. And I'm neither late nor early, I'm just on the right time.
My favorite realizations lately though is how I’m learning and discovering new things about myself in each scenario and happening. I strongly believe that improving self-awareness and self-insight plays a major role in adapting to life changes and even becoming a better person towards others. I’ve been identifying my stressors as well and stuff that isn’t good for my mental health to build an effective coping mechanism. Thank goodness that Ted Talks exist and somehow became like a life coach for me. It’s eye-opening listening to researchers, writers, psychologists and etc. talk about issues, topics, and experiences that can enlighten people. I guess that somehow wraps up things that have been going on. Oh and before I forget, here I am again saying hello to vulnerability, opening up and somehow feeling like a scaredy-cat. 

How about you? How’s life treating you lately? 


Post a Comment

My Instagram

Designed By OddThemes | Distributed By Blogger Templates